This page aims to provide useful EpicJobs & third-party resources that Schools, Privately run teaching institutions and Teachers may find helpful.
We make every effort to ensure external these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, however, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.
Free CV Template and Timesheet
Information provided directly by the United Kingdom Government in relation to Schools, colleges and children’s services:
- Adoption and fostering
- Curriculum and qualifications
- Data collection and statistical returns
- Early years
- Exams, testing and assessment
- Looked-after children
- Opening an academy or free school
- Running a school or college
- Safeguarding children
- School and college behaviour and attendance
- School and college careers and employment
- School and college funding and finance
- Special educational needs and disability (SEND)
- Support for children and young people
Teachit started off as a tray in the corner of a staffroom (to allow teachers to share their resources with each other) and has grown into a thriving community of teachers contributing resources, discussing ideas and finding inspiration. View their website here.
SEN Teacher is amongst the oldest teaching resource sites and has over 300,000 regular users. Their learning materials are free to share and use in schools or at home. View their website here.
User-friendly tools to improve UK Student Engagement
- SOCRATIVE: This tool uses a game format to motivate and trigger a response from students, the teacher can give instructions and questions that the students can answer with their phones and tablets and the teacher can seamlessly access everybody’s answer. Learn more about Socrative here: https://socrative.com/
- KAHOOT: With this tool, students are exposed to fast-paced multi-choice gaming with their device, the app allows you to create your template or use already made templates to instantly assess the performance of students through a detailed report of the answers of each student. An amazing app that you can learn more about here: https://kahoot.com/
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM: This is a cool assistant for teachers, it has a friendly user interface just like other apps on the Google suite but moves a step forward to provide a platform for instructional activities, facilitating classroom discussions, distributing assignments and grading of tests. Check is out here: https://classroom.google.com/h
- CHATZY: This tool helps the teacher to create a forum for student dialogue, where deep discussions can be held, questions can be responded to by anybody in the class and exit tickets can be easily generated. Registration is not necessary, simply create a virtual chat room and import your students there. Find out more here: https://www.chatzy.com/
- ANIMOTO: This is an effective tool to boost self-confidence and expression for students. Students can share what they have learned by making short videos and sharing them with filters and songs that they like to make the clips thoroughly their own. Take a look at Animoto here: https://animoto.com/
- SEESAW: This tool enhances Teacher-Parent-Student relationship, students can create digital portfolios that they can share with their parents alongside the teacher’s feedback, thereby making parent-teacher communication effective. It also has a recording and drawing tool that adds more fun and intrigue to the app. Learn more about SEESAW here: https://web.seesaw.me/
- POWERSCHOOL LEARNING: This tool has gained a lot of positive feedback from teachers and adopts the power school grading program to access different platforms that can be used to give instructions and make assessments. It is an organiser that gives you a one-time login to your tools and apps. Take a look here: https://www.powerschool.com/
- EDMODO: this is an effective tool for teachers to connect and communicate with their students in different ways. They can create online study groups, provide and administer educational materials, evaluate student performance, communicate with parents and other teachers and perform other tasks. It takes a social network setting and has more than 34 million users globally that are registered and create a robust learning experience with modern trends. Check is out here: https://new.edmodo.com
- THINKLINK: this tool provides teachers the opportunity to create interactive multimedia files like images, sounds, texts, and videos which can be shared on different websites and social networks including Facebook and Twitter. With Thinglink, UK teachers can create learning methodologies that can trigger curiosity among students and with its access to social networks, teachers can get help when they need it. https://www.thinglink.com/
- EDUCLIPPER (participate): with this platform, teachers and students can explore and share educational materials. They can carry out research on relevant topics across the internet and share their findings within the groups already created, this makes it easy for the teacher to ask for help and also manage the academic content discovered online more effectively. https://explore.participate.com/educlipper
- STORYBIRD: This tool uses storytelling to promote reading and writing skills among students. With this tool, teachers can create books online with a simple and user-friendly interface, the stories created can be embedded in blogs and sent via email. It makes communication easy and with it, constant feedbacks can be gotten as well as the creation of projects and grading the students. See what Storybird is all about here: https://storybird.com/
National Curriculum for your chosen profession
Expected to see something that isn’t here? We’re very sorry about that, however, please reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to locate the resource you are looking for. Where it is relevant we can then also update this page so that other individuals or institutions can benefit from your shared feedback.
Note. You should conduct your own due-diligence of the aforementioned applications to ensure they meet with your needs. EpicJobs aims to provide useful information that may be of use to UK students and UK Teachers, it accepts no liability of the use of Third-Party Applications.