A ‘Good’ school in the south of Leicestershire are looking to recruit a Teacher of Science for the academic year ahead. The role will be to teach and support the education of young people in KS3 through to GCSE. The main duties within this role will be to:
* Effectively teach across a range of provision ensuring pupils achieve excellent outcomes.
* To regularly assess and review pupils’ progress and achievement and to communicate effectively with parents/carers in line with school procedures.
* To work with the head of science to develop, implement and monitor effective schemes of work, course delivery, assessments, pupil surveys and pupil data in line with school policy.
* To ensure that teaching and learning is evaluated and action plans produced and implemented to promote best practice and ensure excellent pupil achievement.
* To work with other teachers and staff to identify, develop and deliver staff training.
* To remain up to date with national trends in education and in science and implement developments in curriculum design and delivery to reflect these.
* Where appropriate, to mentor staff new to teaching, staff undertaking teacher training programmes and other staff as appropriate.
* To develop and maintain a learning environment in line with the school’s values. This role would suit a teacher of science that is experienced in delivering positive outcomes or a recently qualified teacher looking to continue their development working with a high performing team. Requirements:
* QTS held in the UK
* Successful recent experience as a Teacher at KS3 and/or KS4 (CV evidenced)
* A thorough understanding of assessment principles (interview)
* Experience of working constructively to achieve team objectives and deadlines (interview)
* Thorough knowledge of current subject specialism
* DBS registered to the online update service.
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/teacher-of-science/40784388→