Contract: Fixed Term from April 2020 until June 2020 Hours: 10 hours per week Salary: 33. 02 per hour JOB OVERVIEW We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Economics to join our Bellerbys College Brighton to contribute to our extensive enrichment programme. Reporting to the Head of the Business Faculty, the teacher would work alongside other members of the Business Studies Faculty teaching GCSE, A Level and on our own Foundation course. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Teach to an appropriate level, ensuring the course is effectively delivered in time for exam practice.
* Set demanding expectations for students’ learning, motivation and presentation of work and help students establish serious work habits by setting a professional example.
* Keep accurate registers (using Progresso) and mark books.
* Write appropriately stimulating and challenging Schemes of Work.
* Ensuring students’ notes are appropriate and well-organised
* Mark student work with constructive comments and returning within agreed deadlines
* Mark exams and/or coursework and accurately recording
* Furnish detailed comments for UCAS applications when requested
* Write academic reports as required
* Using educational technology in teaching, including interactive whiteboard with StudySmart
* Set a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance
* Demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching
* Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned (eg cover, invigilation etc.
* Keep accurate daily online and paper registers, and submit registers weekly EXPERIENCE
* Highly motivated
* Team player
* Ability to adapt to change
* Good first degree is essential
* Experience of teaching Economics is essential KEY BENEFITS Competitive salary 30 days holiday pro rata Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more. ABOUT US Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities.
Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. ORGANISATIONAL COMPLIANCE Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate. Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/teacher-of-economics/39840855→