Are you a passionate Geographer looking for a new and exciting position . Do you enjoy inspiring the next generation about weather and climate or crime and urban environments . Well look no further . .
. Randstad Education are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Geography Practitioner to work in a high achieving school in South Glos The school provides a high quality learning environment with learning and progress at the heart of everything they do. They encourage high standards of behaviour, excellent school attendance and provide the students with a wide range of rich experiences making this school a great place to be. .
If you are a highly effective Geography teacher, able to form excellent educational relationships and are able to contribute to the pupils that you will be teaching then we want to hear from you. This role is to start after the February half term and is expected to continue up until the end of the Summer term. It is a full time role. Deliver quality lessons to KS3 and KS4.
This is a fantastic opportunity for both experienced practitioner and NQT’s alike. Responsibilities
* Must be able to teach Geography up to KS4 GCSE
* Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
* Support colleagues within your department as required
* Organise your classroom to create a positive teaching environment, liaising with relevant teaching assistants and support staff to develop effective working relationships with pupils and colleagues
* Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school’s behaviour management policy
* Monitor pupil’s progress and keep records on their development
* Attend meetings, parent’s evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability Requirements
* Hold a qualification with, or leading to, UK Qualified Teacher Status (NQTs and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply) and relevant degree.
* Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
* Be passionate about teaching and your subject
* Have excellent communication skills
* Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to a school
* Have proven classroom management skills Benefits
* Access to Free CPD course and Safeguarding Training
* Caring & dedicated co-workers
* A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
* Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
* Recommend a friend’ bonus worth up to 300 About Us Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years.
Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Bristol branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as, Technicians, Administration and Finance. What Next. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education’s child protection and UK eligibility checks, including enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process, and the cost of any new police check (DBS) required will be met by the candidate.
If you are suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after. To discuss this in more detail, please contact Michelle via email at or give me a call in the office on
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/geography-teacher/39833781→